Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Muffin Top: STFU About It!


I want to start out by reminding everyone that muffins are delicious. This magic little cupcake/sweetbread love-child has to be one of the most awesome culinary inventions in the world. However, there is one muffin that people tend not to like very much. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about… the muffin top.

The muffin top seems to be one of the most vile fashion sins a person can commit. I have larger friends who talk about how they despise muffin top and how gross it looks. Here’s the issue: some of us can’t help but have a muffin top. I’m rolly. It just so happens that I have a roll right above where the top of my pants are. No matter what size pants I buy, I will have a muffin top. (Unless I hike up my jeans higher over my tummy, but then I have a camel-toe that is far too uncomfortable to deal with. Ow.)

I guess this all falls into the category of “my body is none of your fucking business.” I like this category because it encompasses so much of what I want to say. So! My number one rule for the summer (which is fast approaching over here in California-land) is not “No Muffin Tops,” it is, instead go have fun and feel great about yourself!

O, and muffin tops? STFU about them! If you have one, embrace it! Anything related to a muffin can’t be that bad!

Big Smiles!
-Lexie Di

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on my blog are moderated! I have no tolerance for hateful words or bashing. You want to be a troll? Go somewhere else, please and thank you.